As a beauty blogger, people sometimes think I must do everything by the book. But we're ALL guilty of committing beauty crimes; the lazy ones, the gross ones and the downright weird ones...
1. Biting/peeling off my nail varnish
I've started doing this quite recently and I don't know why, but there's something so satisfying when you peel off a whole nail in one go! And once I've done one, I can't stop until I've taken it all off. Then I end up with little colourful piles of nail varnish on my desk/arm of the sofa. Gross.
2. Wearing make-up to the gym
I don't put make-up on to go to the gym, but on the days where I go straight from work, I always end up sweating out in a full face of make up. You'd think I'd learn my lesson when I bumped into an ex with mascara down my cheeks looking like the the fifth member of KISS.
3. Neglecting my neck and décolletageI'm totally going to end up with a baby face and a turkey neck if I don't start remembering to include my neck and décolletage in my skincare routine!
4. Not washing my make-up brushes enoughOh it's just such a chore, isn't it?! As if we don't have enough to do...I probably wash my brushes once a month.... Ok, once every two months. But I use mainly powder products, so it's not tooooo bad, right?
5. Forgetting heat protection all too oftenTo be honest, I think it's just that I haven't found a product that I like. Heat protection hair products I've tried in the past have left my hair sticky/a nasty smell/crunchy - not that that's a valid excuse. Any recommendations for a heat protection spray I'll actually want to use?
What bad beauty habits are you guilty of?