Last weekend was rather lovely; I got to catch up with some good friends, meet some new ones, and get a bag full of goodies to boot! The Brighton Blogger Meet was a nice, laid-back affair in the basement of The Globe pub. It was pretty dark (minus the pretty fairy lights), and I have no idea how to work Rich's big DSLR camera properly, so none of my photos were blog-worthy, but I thought you'd be most interested in having a nosey through my fantastic goody bag!
Let's start with my absolute FAVOURITES, shall we?
- E1 Candles Rose & Sandalwood soy candle, from WICK candle boutique in Hove. Rose & Sandalwood are two of my favourite scents so I was pretty chuffed with this, and I love the design of the jar. I will definitely be stocking up on candles from WICK next time I venture into Hove.
- Meraki Aloe Vera Make Up Wipes & Mint Lip Balm. Do what they say on the tin, but I'm pleased to have discovered Meraki! It's a Danish skincare brand with ultra-stylish packaging that reminds me of Aesop but for a fraction of the price!
- Grey Checked Washcloth & Pink Geometric Notebook from Homage; a homeware/lifestyle store located on Seven Dials who actually exhibited a selection of products at the meet (but as I say, my photos sucked!). I was in love with their enamel mugs, stone vases, and throws.
- Chill ed protect leave in treatment, which detangles, repairs and gives shine to dull hair - I definitely need this! I've just used it and it certainly detangles (my hair is still wet as I type, so will report back on the shine factor!)
- Anatomicals face masks, a mattifying one and a deep cleansing mud mask. Can't wait to pop one of these on (Rich will probably steal the other).
- Body Fantasies 'Pink Vanilla Kiss' Body Spray. Vanilla isn't usually my thing, but I love this! Always handy to keep a little body spray in one's handbag (especially if you walk up three hills to get to work like I do... peeewwww)
- Minty Coco - I've heard oil pulling is great for teeth whitening and oral hygiene, but I've heard it's pretty unpleasant. Minty Coco are little sachets of mint flavoured coconut oil, so it tastes rather nice and leaves your mouth feeling super fresh!
- Purepotions Skin Salvation samples, a hand cream, daily moisturising cream, and intensive moisturising ointment. They're ideal for really dry, eczema prone skin and 100% natural.
- Bio Oil, I used Bio Oil a few years ago to get rid of a scar on my arm and it totally worked! Handy to keep in the medicine box!
- Bee Good Youth Enhancing Lift & Brighten Eye Cream, I really like BeeGood products so I'm excited to try this!
- Green People Fruit Scrub Exfoliator, which I've used before - it smells lovely and leaves skin glowy, and samples of the Quinoa and Artichoke shampoo & conditioner which I've reviewed here.
- MooGoo Anti-Ageing Face Cream, this is 100% natural and contains SPF 15, which is great as I always forget - but it's quite a thicker consistency than I usually prefer.
- Patisserie Lemon Bon-Bon Hand & Body Lotion, this is a lovely, refreshing, sweet lemon scent and a nice thin consistency makes it quick and easy to slather on.
- Stigu Planner 2016. I've decided to give this to Rich as I work in a paperless office and it's a pain to be different and keep a paper diary! But I'm quite sad to give it away as it's really so cute; the left hand pages have cute illustrations with little life hacks (like stress busters, stretches/exercises to try, ways to keep organised and happy) and the right hand pages are a week-view diary. He needs to be more organised so I hope he'll enjoy using this!
And some tasty treats too!
- Life Tonics flavoured coconut water - I got Dalandan Orange and Elderberry and Juniper.
- Funkin Cocktail Mixers in Peach Bellini and Raspberry Mojito. I'm not a big drinker really, but can't wait for an occasion to crack these open!
- esthechoc - chocolate that gives you radiant skin - I admit I was sceptical. But it tastes nice (if you like dark chocolate) so that's good enough for me!
- UFit protein milk in chocolate and strawberry. I'm doing three Body Pump classes this weekend so will be drinking these afterwards to repair and grow my muscles!
- Collagen+ Beauty Milk containing collagen, vitamin C, protein and green tea extract!
- Tasty Little Numbers Treats. These were my favourite snacks, SO tasty and everything is only 100 calories - great for when you just need some chocolate but don't want to feel guilty! I got a milk chocolate and white chocolate biscuit bar, and a bag of chocolate coffee beans - YUM!
- Metcalfes Cinnamon Sweet Skinny Popcorn....which has mysteriously disappeared. I'm sure whoever ate it thought it was very tasty.
Laura of LolaandBehold had spent months working hard organising the Brighton Blogger Meet (she is seriously superwoman, this is the second time she has organised a bloody brilliant meet up, whilst studying/working full time!) and I think I speak for everyone when I say we had a great time! Thanks Laura!
Have you been to a local blogger meet up before?