There is nothing better to do on a rainy day than snuggling up in your cosiest jumper and warming up the kitchen by whipping up a batch of cakes. Having a 2 stone weight loss goal in mind, I've not been able to indulge in my usual buttercream laden cupcakes, but I have discovered these low calorie, sugar free muffins.
The muffins are sweetened by the fruit alone and are super easy to make. I've been enjoying them for breakfast with a coconut muller light. Not a bad start to the day!
To make these fabulously fruity delights you will need:
- 12 strawberries
- 20 red grapes
- 1/2 an apple
- 2 bananas
- 50ml rapeseed oil
- 200g wholemeal flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180. Mash the bananas in a large bowl
- Chop the strawberries, red grapes and apple until finely diced and add to the banana.
- Stir in the oil, then mix in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Fill muffin cases with the mixture and bake in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Leave to cool and set and enjoy!